Choosing a dog walker involves several steps:
1. Ask for Recommendations: Seek recommendations from friends, neighbors, or local pet owners who have used dog walkers.
2. Check Credentials: Ensure the dog walker is licensed, insured, and bonded. These credentials provide peace of mind.
3. Meet in Person: Schedule a meeting to introduce your dog to the walker and assess their compatibility.
4. Experience and References: Inquire about the walker’s experience with dogs and request references from previous clients.
5. Availability and Schedule: Confirm the walker’s availability, and discuss your dog’s specific needs and walking schedule.
6. Walk Location: Determine where the walks will take place and if it aligns with your dog’s preferences.
7. Handling Emergencies: Discuss how the walker handles emergencies, such as injuries or lost keys.
8. Rates and Payment: Understand the walker’s pricing structure and payment methods.
9. Contracts: Sign a clear contract outlining responsibilities, schedules, fees, and cancellation policies.
10. Trust Your Instincts: Choose a walker you feel comfortable and trust to care for your dog.
Always prioritize your dog’s safety and well-being when selecting a dog walker.